1960Dr. Harold Kirschner Started
Dr. Harold Kirschner opens his Chicago South Suburban office in the newly opened Canterbury Shopping Center in Markham at 159th and Kedzie Ave. He has one assistant, Mildred Shapiro.
1968Practice Doubled Size
Dr. Harold has doubled the size of his office, and has expanded his staff to 3 assistants. He has his own in- office optical lab, and has specialized in Pediatric Eye Care/Vision Therapy. In addition, Interns from the Illinois College of Optometry. (ICO) are assisting in the Vision Therapy program.
1973Expanded to Oak Forest
A second office is opened in Oak Forest to accommodate a growing practice. The VisionTherapy Department is relocated there.
1977Dr. Paul Kirschner Joined
Dr. Paul Kirschner graduates from Illinois College of Optometry, and joins the practice.
1982Dr. Kenneth Kirschner Joined
Dr. Ken Kirschner graduates from ICO and joins the practice. November 1st, a third office is opened in Hazel Crest at 183rd and Kedzie Ave.
1986Markham Office Consolidated
After great growth in Oak Forest and Hazel Crest, our Markham location was merged with the other two offices.
1989Hazel Crest Expands
The Hazel Crest office expands from 700 to 3600 sq.ft. The Vision Therapy department and Optical Lab are relocated there.
1995Sight on Site Program Launches
Kirschner Vision Group developed "Sight on Site", an industrial vision care program that provided complete eye care services to employees at their workplace.
Dr. Harold Kirschner passed away at the age of 76. Drs. Paul and Ken break ground on the new office building in Homewood.
The Hazel Crest office relocates to a new building at 2156 W 183rd St. In Homewood.
The Oak Forest office relocate to 7026 W159th St in Orland Park.
Kirschner Vision Group celebrates 50 years in practice with a picnic in Irwin Park Homewood, attended by over 1000 patients.
Kirschner Vision Group officially changes their name to Kirschner Vision Source.